Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's the deal with under-aged sex???

I read an article today, were a young "man" age 18 was arrested for having consensual sex with a 13 year girl. Now mind you, I don't know all the specifics, but I do know a thing or two about being a teen aged girl. Sadly, most of them nowadays look so much older than they are, and most of them will lie about their age to "get" the guy. Heck, some of them even have a fake ID. So what's a young (and horny) guy to do??? I'm not sure than all of these arrests are warranted.

When I was 15, I dated a boy that was 3 years older than I. My parents knew and were OK with it, but even if they weren't, growing up in Europe nobody would have gotten arrested.

I know that as parents, we may not like the idea of our children becoming sexually active, but it can't really be avoided. Ages ago, a girl was married off as soon as she started her period. While personally, I think at that age kids today lack maturity, it is the parent's responsibility to educate their off-spring. Ya can't prevent "IT" from happening anyway, as much as you may want to. And to put a young (18-21) man to jail and label him for life seems excessive punishment(as long as the act was consensual).
It's time to make some changes to the law book, y'all!!! And remember, what's good for the goose is good for the gander (or vice versa).

No comments: