Sunday, September 20, 2009

What's the deal with the bailouts???

So all this talk about insurance reminded me about the Government bailing out the insurance industry after the 2 hurricanes hit a few years back...that led me to think about the bailouts of the auto industry and the banks. And now I'm thinking...So who in the hell is going to bail me out???

Since Government is synonimous with tax dollars, it is us the people flipping the bill to uphold the "back bone" of our country. Go ahead folks, dig deep. Who cares that you don't have a job, or that you're self-employed and your business tanked thanks to the poor economy. Who cares that you pay through the nose for gasoline...our tax dollars are hard at work fighting for the oil, instead of finding alternative methods to keep us on the go. (But that's another subject!)

I myself fall into this category. Pursued the American dream of small business ownership. Did it without a loan or a grant...just risked everything I owned. Wanted to be part of what makes this country great...and lost! I was at the beginning of the mortgage crisis, so no offers to help us with lower rates, no 2 year foreclosure time during which to pursue a short sale, nope...I just got screwed. Which leads me to another question...ahem, if you don't make a 20% down payment at the time you purchase your home, you are forced to pay mortgage insurance. So wasn't my lender covered when I was no longer able to pay??? If so, then why did they go after me? Isn't that double-dipping?? Anyway, now the car dealers are offering security to their customers in case they find themselves jobless, without dinging up their credit (I even see some home builders making this offer)...where in the HELL was all this help when I needed it??? Forgive me if I sound a little angry, but this just pisses me off!!!

The banks got the help, and instead of using the money to get straightend out and help more people keep their homes, they pay 7 digit bonuses to their executives. Nice!!! And for once, I don't have a suggestion on how to make this situation better. Anyone???

No comments: