Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's the deal with cigarettes???

OK, so yesterdays post got me thinking about smoking...just like most everybody, I tried it as a teen and young adult, but just didn't like it. It tasted gross, it smelled gross...and yellow teeth and coughing fits are just not cool! LOL

So while I am an avid non-smoker, I don't think that I have the right to tell people what to do. Restaurants and bars SHOULD have a smoking section. I mean all those restrictions placed on smokers...might as well make nicotine a controlled substance!!! The other side of the coin is that I also don't believe that someone who CHOOSES to smoke should be able to file a lawsuit against the cigarette companies!!! It is completely ludicrous that any court would allow this (I think the McDonald coffee lady and the idiot judge/jury hearing her case started this trend. Thanks!) And please don't tell me that they (the tobacco companies) add things to the cigarettes to make them addictive...you have a CHOICE, you KNOW the risks, so deal with the CONSEQUENCES!!!

Please, pray tell, why are the distilleries not getting sued??? Alcohol is also addicting; it also causes serious health problems (cirrhosis of the liver, fetal alcohol syndrome, etc.) and just like second-hand smoke, it kills innocent people in the form of drunk drivers. So what is the difference??? I guess the alcohol industry has better lobbyists!!!

No comments: